I don’t really make New Year’s Resolutions. I try to make each day as meaningful as any other. But I’ve noticed recent changes in my life that have been deleterious to my progress and personality core that I want to correct. So despite the fact that that any arbitrary day is just as good as any other, here are my New Year’s Resolutions:
- Stop blaming.
- It used to be what I was known for, but between website/Kickstarter work and other time sinks, I lost a lot of playtime and skill, and have found it difficult to climb. Some of this is definitely due to a worse attitude.
- Reclaim D1 and achieve ‘Best Skarner NA’ status again.
- Play at least 5 champions at the low-D1 level — probably Vi, Olaf, Nocturne, Fiddlesticks, Zac
- Stream even when not comfortable with current play. I have a tendency to not stream recently because my skill level has dropped. But if people watched my stream just for skill level, they’d be on a pro player’s stream.
- Get Funk Overload (or another 5s team) to D1.
- Devote more time to coaching (details here).
- More videos to go with articles; not everybody wants to read all of the time.
- Find a casting partner and cast more games.
- Less time getting distracted on the internet. Reddit and Facebook don’t need me.
- More work on my creative content website.
Mattias “Gentleman Gustaf” Lehman is a big time nerd-gamer who has been involved in both SC2 and LoL. He has ranked as high as Diamond 1 in solo queue and Diamond 3 in arranged 5s.
You can see his other work here:
Reign of Gaming LoL articles